Saturday, April 5, 2014

What NOT To Do


First, be sure you make sure your ears are put on correctly. Second, try not to use the wrong glaze, unless you really want to look pukey tan. Third, try to remember that there is such a thing as too much texture. Susan constantly tells me "Edit! Where IS your focal point?" I constantly try to throw everything I can on one piece of sculpture all at once. Isn't that called Good Time Management?

Here is an example of what I should aspire to:


This guy was at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. Way cool. Here's the info on the piece, by Frank Fleming:

3 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love your one eared thing a ma bob.

Nan G said...

Thing a ma bob is a good name and needs to live in FL. We love Thing a Ma Bob. ;)

martha brown said...

I like the texture -- not too much at all :)