Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Class - Using Resin


My first class at Art Unraveled was Richard Salley's Resin-Filled Watch Case Locket.

It still needs work on balancing the outer wire wrap, which is a double wire, and adjusting the catch. Inside was a picture of an eye looking back at you but I've taken it out pending a final decision. I was very interested in this class because I'd learn how to use resin, which is what the little watch gears are "floating" in. The main body is a patina-ed (?) fender washer.

This class involved resin work, wire winding and bending and cold-connection techniques.

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Great work from these classes, thanks for sharing!

ArtPropelled said...

Don this is such a wonderful piece! I have been trying to get resin here but nobody knows what I'm talking about.