Monday, August 25, 2008

Zappos-ing

I ordered new shoes from Zappos for Susan on Wednesday, my printed receipt shows the order placed at 8:48 a.m. On Thursday by 11:30 a.m. they were at the UPS mail store where our box is. Less than 27 hours from the time I placed the order online to the time I picked them up!!! Shipping charge: $0.

We have ordered just three pairs of shoes in the last two years and like them because of the free shipping and free return policy. This time this is what the confirmation email said: Your order will ship out today and be given a special priority shipping status so that you can receive your order even faster than we originally promised! Please note that this is being done at no additional cost to you. It is simply our way of saying thank you for being our customer.

Want shoes? Want free shipping? Want free returns? Want special treatment every now and then? Zappos.

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

wow, impressive. The only draw back is the shoes are full priced. But that is the trade off. I want to be able to return them,if I want, and get them fast! And free shipping that's worth a lot right there!

Don Madden said...

Full price but no sales tax for me. The real bonus is the size selection. I have big feet. I HATE that long, long wait while the salesperson is in the back (sometimes I think they take a smoke break!). Then they finally come out empty handed or with a smaller size or different style and NEVER what I wanted. With Zappos if it's available in my size it tells me right then. No waiting. -- Susan