Monday, October 20, 2008

Janis and Don Trash Around




I owed a debt to Janis and I finally repaid it by taking her Trash shopping. Some women like to shoe shop or something stupid like that but my kind of gal likes to Trash shop. And they don't take Visa at my Trash store.

Remember: Trash is only the failure of imagination.
Late edit about the quote: A lot of people have said it, in different versions, for many years. I think it orginally came about, in some variation or another, right after Woodstock when the clean-up began. Anyway, the most popular attributed quoting comes from Aaron Kramer, a very gifted artist.

5 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Lucky Lucky girl that Janis is! Hey Don, is that one of YOUR quotes? I love it *smiles*

moonface said...

As far as I know, there are only two existing photos of me in the bloggisphere, and in both, I have my eyes closed. Apparently, I am much more frightened of having my spirit captured and disseminated throughout the cyber-universe than I realized.

My treasures have already had a bath and are ready for use. My husband is astonished, as I have been known to ignore dishes in the sink for days on end.

I will not reveal our secret source. Besides, the blindfold and endless driving in circles had me fully flummoxed.

ArtPropelled said...

Don, have you any idea what those circular thingees with the teeth in the middle are? I found a whole wad of them held together with a pin or screw. Maybe I asked you already and you didn't know?

Lovely lot of scrap you have there,Janis.

Don Madden said...

Janis - we wouldn't have been driving in circles if I hadn't gotten lost.
Robyn - You did ask me before but it was about the round piece with the teeth sticking out - the opposite of this one. Made me go back and look (http://donmadden.blogspot.com/2008/07/and-carolyn.html). Now I thingk we know what the whole piece looks like but I have no idea what it is or why it's cut into two parts.

jo horswill said...

Great finds here and I like the quote! :)