Friday, July 30, 2010

Into The Age of Darkness


For the record, it's not always about me.
Susan speaks:
I took a class from Jill Berry called "Into The Age of Darkness".  I love dark colors so this class was a match made in heaven for me.


The focus was to experiment with many different paints and tools on black paper, specifically Arches Text Wove. She brought a lot of supplies so we could test all sorts of stuff and do plenty of what-if with everything.


When we were finished we made a continuous four-part pamphlet book of our papers, with painted Tyvek for each part's signature cover.


A bonus was using one of our papers for a slipcase for our book.



6 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

Nice to see you "speak" and have a peek at your work.
Love the black book!

ArtPropelled said...

Great to see your book Susan.Photo no.3 is fantastic and I love the slipcase.!

Diane O. said...

That looked like it was a fun class. Too many conflicts, too many choices some days. What's a girl to do?

Susan M said...

Thanks for the comments. More from me to come later this month.
-- Susan

Sharmon Davidson said...

Nice work! I agree with Robyn about photo #3; I would love to take a class like this.

Seth said...

What a great project. I love the dark palette here. It really works.