Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Colors


I'm working again with heads (about 4" high) but this time I'm focusing on color. Right now I'm liking purple, chartreuse, cinnamon and black.  We'll see how far I can go with those colors. This head needs a little more work, maybe just a clear matte glaze but then again I might just accidentally screw him up. Oh well.


Our friend, Maria, has a knack for growing anything, regardless of the weather. She brought us the okra and yellow cherry/pear tomatoes. I cooked them with some onion, and red cherry tomatos and then tossed them with chili butter and capellini. And bacon. Of course.

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Great colour effects.... If you do screw him up before he goes into the kiln is it easy to cover it up or sand it off?

Seth said...

Liking what I see in ALL these pictures.