Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Never Mind What's Inside


A while back Susan had a birthday and I wrapped up some presents for her. We aren't big on gift-giving because we know that if we really want something we just tell the other person "I'm getting that for myself." And besides, we don't need any more stuff.  Except for books, which are two of the above gifts, thank you, Amazon (even though you are making publishers mad).

So I've got these nicely wrapped gifts in some great paper we bought a roll of at a garage sale and then I didn't know how to wrap the last one which was red nylon tote bag you can fold up real small. Dumb gift but we have No Bag rule now in Austin at stores and she is always forgetting to take in her own bag. This way the tote bag will stay at the bottom of her purse and she'll always have it. That's the plan anyway.

Well, I found some burlap scraps and then tied it up with a little metal piece I had made before. What the heck - it was a last minute thing.

Being married to a person who loves art and goes to museums and makes art herself makes life much easier. She totally ignored the nicely gift-wrapped books and charged off to photograph the little tote bag wrapping and then started fiddling with the burlap.  It was sort of like when people give a toddler an expensive toy and all they want to do is play with the box it came in.

 
 


5 comments:

Seth said...

I would never even open these gifts. They are just perfect as is.

ArtPropelled said...

One would have to photograph gifts like these before opening them.I like the little hands.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

OooOooo I agree with Seth -- I wouldn't want to open them either!

Jo Murray said...

I'd certainly have to keep all that wrapping and reuse it.

Nan G said...

Beautiful art in themselves and should not be disturbed. Pics allowed. :)